cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stern_3303
Level 3

FLEXlm, 64 bit version

Hello, where we can download the 64 bit version of Flexnet Publisher or only FLEX license manager? I've found something in Product and License Center: FlexNet Publisher License Server (lmadmin) Installer for Windows x86-64, but the EXE doesn't start. This file: FlexNet Publisher License Server (lmadmin) for Windows x86-64, I think doesn't contain all we need to compile our application as we did in x86 environment.

And what does iot mean: x86-64? Both 32 and 64?

Thank you

Juri Stern

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@stern_3303 , for Lmadmin the i86_n3-XXXX is the 32 bit lmadmin installer, where as the X64_n6-XXX is the 64 bit lmadmin installer.

In case you are facing issues with the lmadmin startup, then i would recommend you to have a look at the product documentation for the help. If problem persists, then you can always raise a support case.

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

Hello aparashar1 ,

I know that i86 is 32 bit and x64 is for 64 bit, it's not my question. I want to get a link to download a full 64 bit FLEXlm package in order to sompile it in our application. With appropriate obj and/or lib files for building a project.

0 Kudos

If you are working with Flexnet Licensing for the first time, then you may would to try and download the FNP toolkit, which are available under the Product and Licensing Center, as:

aparashar1_2-1578939830784.png

Here the links for X86-64 are the 64 bit toolkits.

Post which kindly follow the instructions provided in the Product document to build the toolkit or follow steps from here: "https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Publisher-Knowledge-Base/How-to-build-lmflex-with-Visual-Studio-2015-for-certificate/ta-p/113282"

Follow the initial 4 steps, if not using Visual Studio 2015 (but a lower version).

(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)
0 Kudos

We are working with FlexNet Publischer since 2006. Up to now on x86 platform. Now we want to migrate to x64 platform.

The page you show me I have found already myself, but I don't find here the similar kit as for x86. The kit should have a lot of files to compile and build our project in C++ for x64. The kit we used for x86 contains about 1000 files - 200 MB and not 30 MB as I find for x64.

May be we need an additional license for x64?

0 Kudos

@stern_3303 , i can confirm that the Account of "TEDATA GmbH" only has the 32 bit windows licensing enabled VENDOR_KEYS. 

So yes, in order to download and use the 64 bit toolkit (or to even have the 64 bit toolkit listed in your PLC account), "TEDATA GbH" will have to buy the 64 bit licensing keys (which supports 32 bit along with) from Flexera.

If you are interested then i can have the Sales personnel, get in touch with you for further assistance regarding that.

0 Kudos

Hi aparashar1,

yes, please, we are interested to purchase the 64 bit version. Thank you.

Freundliche Grüße
Juri Stern

Hi stern_3303,

aparashar1 (Flexera) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

@stern_3303, i can confirm that the Account of "TEDATA GmbH" only has the 32 bit windows licensing enabled VENDOR_KEYS.

So yes, in order to download and use the 64 bit toolkit (or to even have the 64 bit toolkit listed in your PLC account), "TEDATA GbH" will have to buy the 64 bit licensing keys (which supports 32 bit along with) from Flexera.

If you are interested then i can have the Sales personnel, get in touch with you for further assistance regarding that.

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

Thanks for being part of our community.
Manage your notifications or Unsubscribe.

@stern_3303 , thanks for the confirmation.

I have requested your Account Renewal Representative to get in touch with you in this regards.

Hopeful to have your concern resolved at earliest. Good day!

0 Kudos