cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
jbforster
Level 4

DPLT logger messages in debug log

Jump to solution

Post the upgrade our debug log has been full of messages complaning about waiting for connection for DPLT.

What is this and how can get rid of it? 

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@jbforster , 11.17 onwards a new functionality of Message Diagnostic was introduced .These messages are intended used to diagnose technical problems that occur During the debugging process.

To Disable these diagnostic messages if required ,set the below parameters

ls_diagnostics_enabled=0 at server side and LM_A_DIAGS_ENABLED=0 at client side

Fix
The issue has been fixed in 11.17.1(2020 R3),hence if 11.17 is being used then kindly plan an upgrade to 11.17.1
(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
aparashar1
Flexera Alumni

@jbforster , 11.17 onwards a new functionality of Message Diagnostic was introduced .These messages are intended used to diagnose technical problems that occur During the debugging process.

To Disable these diagnostic messages if required ,set the below parameters

ls_diagnostics_enabled=0 at server side and LM_A_DIAGS_ENABLED=0 at client side

Fix
The issue has been fixed in 11.17.1(2020 R3),hence if 11.17 is being used then kindly plan an upgrade to 11.17.1
(If my response assists with your questions , then please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" or 'Kudos' so that it help others.)

which file I should enable "ls_diagnostics_enabled=0" ?   

0 Kudos

Hi @yzhang22  ,

This can be enabled in the file lsvendor.c which is present inside the machine independent folder i.e machind . Set ls_diagnostics_enabled=1 to enable it .

0 Kudos

Only the daemon binary was delivered by the vendor. Is there anything I can do at our licensing server to prevent "DPLT" logger messages in the debug log without enabling " ls diagnostics enabled=0" in the rouse code? Thanks

0 Kudos

in the  *source * code...

0 Kudos

Hi @yzhang22  ,

By default ls _diagnostics_enabled will be disabled i.e set to 0 so it will automatically prevent the DPLT logger messages in the debug log , Only when you would want that functionality to be used  you can set ls_ diagnostics_enabled =1 . (Enable's Logger messages). Hope your query is answered.

0 Kudos