cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Helbling
Level 3

Building FNP releases for Mac OS X without PPC content

Is there a way to get or build Mac OS X FNP releases with libraries that do not include the PPC component? (i.e. only support the Intel architecture components)? This is important to some of our customers, for whom the presense of legacy PPC content represents a security gap.

- Doug H
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
raffie
Level 6

Hi Doug,
You'll need to edit the makefile in the universal_mac10 directory. There is a variable named LEOPARD_ARCHITECTURES and you just have to assign the list of architectures you want.
You probably want something like:
LEOPARD_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64

This will build your vendor daemon and lm_new.obj with just the x86_64.
But note that lmgrd comes built with the other architectures in it. You could probably remove them yourself with something like the lipo command. I'd recommend not modifying this and letting your customers do that if they really want to. This way you can just redistribute a binary provided by Flexera without any vendor modifications and your customers take on the risk of modifying the file.

I think as of version 11.10, ppc is no longer included, it only has i386 and x86_64. So upgrading is another option, too.

Eric
0 Kudos
Doug_Helbling
Level 3

Thanks, Eric. I will check this out. Sounds like the problem may already be solved, as I just recently upgraded to 11.11.0 ... just have not looked close enough under the hood yet.

- Doug H

raffie wrote:
Hi Doug,
You'll need to edit the makefile in the universal_mac10 directory. There is a variable named LEOPARD_ARCHITECTURES and you just have to assign the list of architectures you want.
You probably want something like:
LEOPARD_ARCHITECTURES=x86_64

This will build your vendor daemon and lm_new.obj with just the x86_64.
But note that lmgrd comes built with the other architectures in it. You could probably remove them yourself with something like the lipo command. I'd recommend not modifying this and letting your customers do that if they really want to. This way you can just redistribute a binary provided by Flexera without any vendor modifications and your customers take on the risk of modifying the file.

I think as of version 11.10, ppc is no longer included, it only has i386 and x86_64. So upgrading is another option, too.

Eric
0 Kudos
Doug_Helbling
Level 3

Doug_Helbling wrote:
Thanks, Eric. I will check this out. Sounds like the problem may already be solved, as I just recently upgraded to 11.11.0 ... just have not looked close enough under the hood yet.

- Doug H

I confirmed that the last two major releases handled this just fine and I had already delivered packages w/o the PPC content. My internal customer was simply using a much older package.
0 Kudos