How to make the windows FNO on-premises write archived logs extension in .zip format instead of .gz?
Currently, Windows compatible FNO On-premises does archive of logs in .gz format. This makes an administrator difficult to see the archive logs without installing any 3rd party software in the same windows server/machine. This article describes steps to change the archiving of logs into .zip format so that an administrator can use windows navigation to go through the logs without installing any third-party software.
Please follow the below steps to change the FNO logger:
- Log in to the FNO setup and stop the FNO server and then do un-deploy of FNO.
- Replace .gz with .zip for all 8 occurrences in below three files. This file location may vary based on your installation directory.
C:\Program Files\FlexNet Operations\release\jbossConfig\flexnet\log4j\main\flexnet-log4j.xml
C:\Program Files\FlexNet Operations\release\flexnet.ear\flexnet.war\WEB-INF\classes\flexnet-log4j.xml
C:\Program Files\FlexNet Operations\webapp\WEB-INF\classes\flexnet-log4j.xml
- Login-back to FNO setup and Deploy the FNO.
- Verify the changes made in step 2 updated the file present in the below location of the FNO.
C:\Program Files\FlexNet Operations\components\wildfly\modules\system\layers\base\com\flexnet\log4j\main\flexnet-log4j.xml
- Start the FNO server from the FNO setup.
NOTE: Please take a backup of all files before doing any changes, so that in case of any issues, the changes can be reverted back. Also please make sure to first test the changes in a test environment before moving to production. A sample screenshot of one of the loggers in the file which needs be changed is below: