Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lionel_jost2
Level 2

Vendor Dictionary in CMAPI Usage Report

Jump to solution

Hello community,

We are using CMAPI and the CLS for cloud products and usage-based entitlements. The clients typically post a set of variables through by using the vendor dictionary. 

When the usages are reported in the usage file (CSV), the vendor dictionary items are added as additional columns per usage line.

Is there a particular order in which the columns are added? I.e. it does not seem to be alphabetically...

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

@lionel_jost2 Is there a particular order in which the columns are added? I.e. it does not seem to be alphabetically...?

Answer:  CSV file has the same order which was there in the vendor dictionary.

Note: The vendor dictionary items are added as additional columns per usage line for the first time (same order which was there in the vendor dictionary) however after that there were any changes in the order in VD then it will not follow the order because it was created already and the column was there then it will insert the value and any new columns is there then it will be added into the end.  

Best Regards,

Mani. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

@lionel_jost2 Is there a particular order in which the columns are added? I.e. it does not seem to be alphabetically...?

Answer:  CSV file has the same order which was there in the vendor dictionary.

Note: The vendor dictionary items are added as additional columns per usage line for the first time (same order which was there in the vendor dictionary) however after that there were any changes in the order in VD then it will not follow the order because it was created already and the column was there then it will insert the value and any new columns is there then it will be added into the end.  

Best Regards,

Mani. 

Thanks Mani - This is really helpful to know 🙂

0 Kudos