cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

Device records do not match # of Activations

Jump to solution

I have a licensed product that represents my company's "Internal" license.  It gives a user access to all of our products features, including ones in development.  Needless to say the code for this is only given out to employees.

I created an entitlement for it with 50 uses.  FNO tells me that 43 of them have been used already.   Something is wrong here as my company has 15 employees and not nearly that many machines.

So I tried to use FNO to track it down.  I went to devices and searched for all devices associated with that activation ID.  It only showed me 9 devices, each of which only has a quantity of 1.

If this code has been activated 43 times, how can there only be 9 different devices showing up?    More importantly, how do I determine who activated this code the other 34 times?  Is there a way I can search the request history by activation ID/entitlement ID?

I should add we use a permanent uncounted license model

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

"FNO tells me that 43 of them have been used already".  Where exactly are you getting that information?  What does it show for Qty Remaining when you click on the Activation ID when viewing the Entitlement?

Thx,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

"FNO tells me that 43 of them have been used already".  Where exactly are you getting that information?  What does it show for Qty Remaining when you click on the Activation ID when viewing the Entitlement?

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Oh dear,

I was starting to reply to you that I got it from the entitlement summary.  I thought that column I was looking at represented the # of uses.  Now (maybe the 6th time I'm looking at it) I finally realize that it is "Available Quantity"  So instead of having used 43 of 50 licenses, we've only used 7.  Which makes a lot more sense.

I am so sorry for having wasted your time.  I feel like an idiot.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

No problem at all!  Have a great weekend.

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos