cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

Unable to delete pre-defined Flexera users from MYORG

Jump to solution

Our FNO server producer account for our company, MY_ORG, came with a bunch of predefined users with Flexera email addresses.  I understand that this is for if we need technical support later on.  Is that right?

Still it's a whole lot of users and it really clutters up the page, especially when I'm trying to demo how to use the server to other people in my company.  I figured I would delete them and then if necessary I could add a Flexera user later if I needed tech support so I tried to delete one of them.

Unfortunately when I did so, selected a user and clicked delete, I got this error:

[Incident# 4613-7014277] Logged in user does not have permission to access this information.

I have full privileges on our server.  So what do I do?  Am I not allowed to delete all these accounts?   Is it a bad idea?  More to the point, do I really need ALL of those people as a member of MYORG?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

Your understanding is correct, the users under producer are used for admin purpose and technical support which has higher permission which is not a good idea to delete it.  

Better to filter out like  "username contains @domain.com" or "email contains @domain.com" will filter only your domain user to show and that would help I think. 

Please let me know if you need any more clarification.

Best Regard, 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

Your understanding is correct, the users under producer are used for admin purpose and technical support which has higher permission which is not a good idea to delete it.  

Better to filter out like  "username contains @domain.com" or "email contains @domain.com" will filter only your domain user to show and that would help I think. 

Please let me know if you need any more clarification.

Best Regard, 

0 Kudos

Thank you for the explanation.

I don't have to t would be useful if there were some easy way to at least not show all of those Flexera users by default.   Maybe some kind of "Hidden" status?

99% of the time that I go to that display, I just want to see the users in my organization.  Some of our people only show up on the second page.

I shouldn't have to filter out two pages of Flexera people every time just to see the one person I do.  I hope that someone will take this as a product suggestion

-Joe

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary 

Thanks for your reply and this is a valid concern from the customer side and I have created a case and will raise an ER. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos