cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krubin
Level 7

Question about entitlements

Jump to solution

1. Please provide a high level description how Entitlements management would be set up  if  there were  n number of  locations where each one wanted the latest download package for the same product/download/file and each of them had a  unique activation ID that was required for the download.

I was concerned that if one of the locations registered its activation id, the remaining locations would not have to use their activation ids. I have a small setup currently per the entitlement example in the user's guide. It seems that I just have to register once and the download package is always available. The related Upgrade has account verification.

2. Also if one of these n locations have 2 PCs or more, it is ok to use the same  "id" for them when registering activation id, since this is not device level entitlement?

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

A unique activation ID implies a separate entitlement line as each entitlement line has an associated Activation ID.  If you want to treat each location as it's own Account that is fine,  you will have separate Entitlements for each Account/location.  You can have any number of Accounts entitled to the same Product and Update.

Thx,

Jim

View solution in original post

(6) Replies
krubin
Level 7

After further thought, perhaps it helps for each location to also have a unique id, as well as the unique activation id supplied during the Activation registration, so one location registering would not entitle the download packages for all other locations.

0 Kudos

Please advise

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

Entitlements are created at the Customer Account level.   With Account level entitlement checking for Updates, all devices registered to an Account that is actively entitled to a Product containing the Update will be able to pull down the Update.  When you refer to locations are these multiple locations at the same Customer?    If so, then all devices regardless of location can use the same Activation ID to register to the customer Account.

Thanks,

Jim     

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the response! I have two goals.

Goal 1- Each of these locations would require its own unique Activation ID.

Goal 2- multiple users at each of these locations may exist to share the Activation ID.

I think using Entitlement, we can do this.

It certainly seems like each location would require its own account.

Could the multiple accounts be tied to the same product and update? 

Thank you,

Ken

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi Ken,

A unique activation ID implies a separate entitlement line as each entitlement line has an associated Activation ID.  If you want to treat each location as it's own Account that is fine,  you will have separate Entitlements for each Account/location.  You can have any number of Accounts entitled to the same Product and Update.

Thx,

Jim

Thank you Jim!

0 Kudos