cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenKopp
Level 3

License activation ID prefix

Jump to solution

We use the Flexera operations portal to provide entitlements to our end users. In the past, the activation IDs were just UUIDs. Now, however, when we create a new entitlement, the activation ID comes with a prefix of "AID-". How is this happening? Is it configurable?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

I believe you could have the custom ID generator use one specified format for one product line and another specified format for other product lines.  We do provide Custom ID generator samples in the Product & License Center.  If you should need further assistance on this topic I'd recommend getting our professional services involved which can be arranged through your Revenera Account Manager.

CustomIDGenerator.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(7) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

The default Activation ID generator can be replaced by a custom ID generator for those who wish the ID to be in a specific format.  After some digging it looks like a customer generator was uploaded in your instance in February and was configured to go live a couple weeks ago.   I will respond to you via email with the person at your company who requested the change.

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks Jim! Is the custom ID generator something that can be configured in FlexNet Operations? Or is it something Flexera has to do behind the scenes?

Follow-up question: can custom ID generators be associated with specific products? It would be best if their custom ID generator did not impact our product.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

Revenera needs to upload the custom ID generator provided by the customer for FlexNet Operations Cloud ALM.  This is a global configuration and will apply to Entitlements across all Products.

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Ugh, ok. We'll talk to the guy at our company.

0 Kudos

Hi Jim, according to the other guy at our company, he provided a jar file which Revenera then deployed. If the jar file was updated, do you think it would be possible to make it add the prefix only for one product? Where can I find instructions for creating ID generator class files?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

I believe you could have the custom ID generator use one specified format for one product line and another specified format for other product lines.  We do provide Custom ID generator samples in the Product & License Center.  If you should need further assistance on this topic I'd recommend getting our professional services involved which can be arranged through your Revenera Account Manager.

CustomIDGenerator.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks Jim! I believe I now have what I need.

0 Kudos