cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ke5dto
Level 3

Error on Device Page

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post.  Feel free to move if there is a more appropriate forum.

I am seeing errors when I log into our FlexNet portal and click on Devices.  The error states: "Failed to read a response: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException - with linked exception: [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxParsingException: Illegal character entity: expansion character (code 0x2 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,14345]]". 

This prevents us from being able to do license searches which is something we do on a daily basis.  Any idea what may be causing this?  We have checked on multiple computers with Chrome and Firefox.

Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/Oo05uNp

Can someone help us figure out a way to get this working please?

0 Kudos
(2) Solutions
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

It looks like there could be unsupported character types in device metadata,  the recommended course of action is to submit a support ticket so that someone can work with you directly.

Thanks and regards, 

View solution in original post

jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

As an update a non-standard character was found in one of the Device Alias fields.  An internal ticket was created to resolve the issue.  If you contact support you can can reference SSRE-2544.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

It looks like there could be unsupported character types in device metadata,  the recommended course of action is to submit a support ticket so that someone can work with you directly.

Thanks and regards, 

Can you point me to the official support ticket portal? I have seen reference to using the Get Support option at the top of this community, but I don't see the option to initiate a ticket there like it was shown in the screenshots.
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

Here's a link to a video that describes how to submit a support ticket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqbtUgYh-Cw

If you are having issues submitting a ticket you can contact support directly here: 

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

As an update a non-standard character was found in one of the Device Alias fields.  An internal ticket was created to resolve the issue.  If you contact support you can can reference SSRE-2544.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @ke5dto ,

Your problem should now be resolved.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Thabks a lot 1

0 Kudos