cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hweaverrobb
Level 2

Error message "Host type in request does not support the request host class." - how do I resolve this?

Jump to solution

After trying to resolve all of the issues in our UAT environment from FlexNet Operations UAT Issue (05 May 2022): FlexNet Operations LLM Customers Using FlexNet Embedded ... - Community (flexera.com) and rebuilding applications to use the updated Identities files, we're getting errors when trying to activate a license from the application. We're seeing the following response from our capability request:

MessageType="Error message" Error="Host type in request does not support the request host class."

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @hweaverrobb ,

It would be helpful if you could submit a support ticket so someone can work with you in your instance to help resolve your issue.  I have seen this error when attempting to activate a standalone device when the "IsServer" flag in the capability request is set to true (should be false) or if you are activating a standalone device but setting the Device Model (HostType) to a Server Host Type (such as FLX_SERVER) instead of a standalone Device Model (such as FLX_CLIENT).

Best regards,

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @hweaverrobb ,

It would be helpful if you could submit a support ticket so someone can work with you in your instance to help resolve your issue.  I have seen this error when attempting to activate a standalone device when the "IsServer" flag in the capability request is set to true (should be false) or if you are activating a standalone device but setting the Device Model (HostType) to a Server Host Type (such as FLX_SERVER) instead of a standalone Device Model (such as FLX_CLIENT).

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
hweaverrobb
Level 2

I'll open a ticket, thank you

0 Kudos