cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenKopp
Level 3

Deleting custom boolean attribute

Jump to solution

Hi, I made a mistake and accidentally added a custom boolean attribute. Now when I try to delete it I get this message:

Cannot delete the Boolean entity. [Incident# 9323-37904554]

Can someone help me with this please? I really don't want the attribute to exist.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

Unfortunately custom attributes typically cannot be deleted once created, however their status can be set to inactive.  If you need to have it removed completely from the UI then please submit a ticket as it should be able to be removed by a Revenera DBA.

Thx,

Jim  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(9) Replies
bheadley
Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

We might need a bit more information in order to help you.

As a first try, assuming this is a custom property in FNMS for an on-prem setup, you can use the following document for information related to removing a custom property:

https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/SystemRef/index.html#SysRef/CustomProperties/reference/CP-RemoveCP.html

If this is not what you meant, can you let us know how you added the custom boolean attribute? What did you do to try to remove the custom attribute?

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos

To add  a custom Boolean attribute: in the FlexNet Operations portal, I clicked Administer->Custom Attributes, then clicked "Add attribute", entered a name, selected "Boolean", and clicked "Save".

To attempt to delete it, I clicked on the attribute, clicked "Delete", and clicked "OK".

0 Kudos

@KenKopp Thank you for confirming the product that you are using. 
I have moved your post to the appropriate forum for FlexNet Operations. Someone from this forum should be able to assist you. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

Unfortunately custom attributes typically cannot be deleted once created, however their status can be set to inactive.  If you need to have it removed completely from the UI then please submit a ticket as it should be able to be removed by a Revenera DBA.

Thx,

Jim  

0 Kudos

Thanks Jim! And how do I submit a ticket?

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

Here in the Community under "Get Support" there should be a "Open New Case" option.  If you do not have this option available then we'll need to get you linked to your company Account - let us know.

support.jpg

Thx,

Jim

0 Kudos

Hm, I tried it but I got a page that says:

Oops … you must be signed in with additional rights to access this content.

Apparently I need to get linked to our company (Thermo Fisher Scientific) account.

0 Kudos
jberthold
Revenera Moderator

Hi @KenKopp ,

I have submitted the request to support to get you associated with your company account.  

Best regards,

Jim

0 Kudos

Thanks again Jim! Looks like my account is now associated with my company account. I'm actually going to hold off on submitting the ticket for now, but it's nice to know I can if I need to.

0 Kudos