Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andybevan
Level 6

Can't create a Download Package Notification

Jump to solution

Hello

I'm not able to create a Download Package Notification in FNO 2018 R1.  After selecting the Download Package I get the error message "Email can not be sent, there is no EmailTemplate."

However, the Update Notification Email Template is Active and has Will Email be Sent? set to Yes.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

My guess is that there is a disconnect or mismatch between the on-premises components and the cloud ESD server. I installed FNO 2018R1 on my local machine and found a file called EmailTemplates.xml in <installdir> \release\flexnet-data\site\conf\service\EmailTemplates.xml. In my file it only lists templates relevant to licensing . If the ESD server is trying to access an ESD-based email template it may not be finding it.

File objects use the same update notification email template. I'm curious to know if you get exactly the same result setting up a file notification which would indicate whether the issue is with the template or with the download package.

Ultimately I still think you are looking at a support case for someone to follow the "links" and review logs/db. Things I can't really help with.

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator

Hi Andy,

I understand you are using an On-premises edition of FNO.

I just tested in FNO Cloud 2019R1 and the notification was working. Here is how it should work...

When you are viewing the Download Package and choose to Notify, FNO should take you to a page where you can select Distribution List Options, basically filtering for who will get the notification. At the bottom it should say Email Template and list Default.

Next, you would not select send immediately. Click on blue Create button. It should take you to another page where you can preview the email. In the Email Content, you should see the same text as you have set up in your Update Notification email template. I'm attaching a screen shot of what it looks like. In my instance, the email content matches my template.

Next, at the bottom where it says send preview. Enter your email address and click on the blue Send Preview button to see if you get it.

Finally, have you checked the Administer->Sent emails to see if there is any record of your update notification email there? (Note the preview from above will not show up in sent emails).

Since you're not seeing any of that, then you may be running into a bug and need to open a support ticket. Those of us that monitor this board regularly don't have access to an on-premises fno instance.

FlexNet Operations, FlexNet Embedded, FlexNet Publisher, FlexNet Connect, FlexLM
0 Kudos

Hi @wmarek1 

Yes, we are using On-Premise, although we have also linked to a cloud installation, so technically we are running both.

This does seem like a bug, although it's a shame that you're unable to test it at your end.

I checked the Sent Email link and got the attached "Resource Not Available" error:

Error_ResourceNotAvailable.PNG

"type Status report
message Oops!
description The requested resource is not available. Please contact the system administrator 

0 Kudos
wmarek1
Revenera Moderator

My guess is that there is a disconnect or mismatch between the on-premises components and the cloud ESD server. I installed FNO 2018R1 on my local machine and found a file called EmailTemplates.xml in <installdir> \release\flexnet-data\site\conf\service\EmailTemplates.xml. In my file it only lists templates relevant to licensing . If the ESD server is trying to access an ESD-based email template it may not be finding it.

File objects use the same update notification email template. I'm curious to know if you get exactly the same result setting up a file notification which would indicate whether the issue is with the template or with the download package.

Ultimately I still think you are looking at a support case for someone to follow the "links" and review logs/db. Things I can't really help with.

I do get the same issue when attempting a File Notification.  It sounds like I'll just have to raise a call, thanks for your help on this.

0 Kudos