cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNET Manager and Siemens

Dear all,

I'm looking for information regarding Flexnet Manager and if the tool provides licensing information about Siemens NX products. Basically is Flexnet Manager suited solution for customers that would like license compliance information about Siemens as manufacturer? Thank  you for your help

(1) Solution

@Neduska 

Yes, Siemens NX leverages the FlexNet Publisher (fka. FLEXlm) license server technology, and Flexera's FNMEA solution can decrypt the license server's encrypted report logs as the only solution on the market (AFAIK).

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

A quick search implies that this might be concurrent use and licensing-server-based. FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications (FNMEA) could be the product you're looking for: https://www.flexera.com/sites/default/files/datasheet_fnm-ea.pdf

Thank you so much. But I would still need confirmation if Siemens/Siemens PLS is manufacturer that Flexera covers among vendors?

My (limited) understanding of FNMEA is that you'll have to integrate at least part of the data and logic yourself. I don't think you'll get an out-of-box experience for Siemens NX. Unfortunately, details are sparse on the website. There's some content in the Learning Center, or perhaps you'll get contact with some presales/sales people from Flexera to show you around the solution.

@Neduska 

Yes, Siemens NX leverages the FlexNet Publisher (fka. FLEXlm) license server technology, and Flexera's FNMEA solution can decrypt the license server's encrypted report logs as the only solution on the market (AFAIK).

Thanks,