cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Agent on MACs - Application evidence collection

Hello,

We are running FNMS 2022 R2 version and have successfully deployed the Mac agent version 19.  It appears to be reporting to the server and collecting evidence; however, for applications, it is not showing 3rd party apps like Adobe. It mostly shows apple software.  Are you able to provide any guidance on this or  is this a limitation of the agent? Can something be done to allow 3rd party applications evidence to be collected? If so and the agent has to be tweaked, we deployed the agent using JAMF, can you also provide some pointers on the best approach to update the agent via JAMF? The first part of this on collection of 3rd party apps information is most important, if you don't have an answer for JAMF we can try to figure out on our end.   

Thank you!

Cesar

(1) Solution

@Crodriguez under Discovery & Inventory -> Settings you can include file evidences

For Mac we currently use the setting Collect from specified folders

/Applications

/opt

/usr

/var

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi

I would recommend activating file scanning and then you should be able to catch additional applications

@mag00_75   Thank you.  I am new to FNMS and wanted to ask if you can elaborate a little more on that.  Where would I be looking to activate Fine scanning, Beacon server or the agent on client side? 

@Crodriguez under Discovery & Inventory -> Settings you can include file evidences

For Mac we currently use the setting Collect from specified folders

/Applications

/opt

/usr

/var

@mag00_75   This was really helpful.  Thank you so much. I think we got it!