cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmoleary
Level 6

How does one deactivate a license via FlexNet Embedded API?

Jump to solution

I've gone through the FlexNet Embedded sample program "CapabilityRequest" for using an activation id to activate a license on my client machine.  I've got my own client activating a license with an activation id and capability request sent to my FlexNet Operations server, just like in that sample. 

But I cannot seem to locate an example of how to do the opposite:  To connect back to the same server and deactivate the license on my machine/remove it from trusted storage.  Is this possible?  And if it is, what functions should I be looking at?

I tried doing the same thing as a normal capability request but setting the operation to "undo" instead of "request"  like below but that did not appear to work

FlcCapabilityRequestSetOperation(m_licRef, m_ref, FLC_CAPABILITY_REQUEST_OPERATION_UNDO, m_err)

I've also gone through the "FlexNet Embedded Client 2020 R3 C SDK User Guide" and I cannot find anything on this.  Only discussions about how to activate, not deactivate.

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

To deactivate a license simply repeat the same activation process with a requested quantity of "0".  

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
jberthold
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @jmoleary ,

To deactivate a license simply repeat the same activation process with a requested quantity of "0".  

Thanks,

Oh man am I simple!  I'll try that, thanks

0 Kudos