cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hlogmans
Level 6

new version new trouble

new messages are not detected anymore (created after 4/14/2003), at least in many cases. I try to test them with the preview messages funtion, but most of the time it does not detect the messages. Nor from a program.

When i set messages to test, and try to preview messages with the status of 'preview and test', it won't even detect the already existing messages, which it does detect when only selecting 'active' status messages.

I deliberately do not install the 2.00 version of the SDK yet. We are at the day of releasing and i'm sorry to say but InstallShield x.00 versions are known to be buggy.

But before you think I have the monday-blues: i appreciate the new functionality, don't worry about that. It just a bad monday to start with when things do not work that should work. 😞
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

I want to resolve this, but I need more information to reproduce the problem. Please help us with exact steps that created the problem....

"new messages are not detected anymore (created after 4/14/2003), at least in many cases."

Are you saying that you
- added a new message with a status of test
- went to preview
- ran preview with 'active and test'
- could not see the new message and other active messages?

Is that correct?
0 Kudos
hlogmans
Level 6

1. I added messages with status test and active
2. For different products (non-distributed versions / programs when status was active).

3. I went to the 'preview messages' options and choose the program/version which should be updated. (all versions were chosen). Menu/shortcut option (others don't work, too)

4. The wizard claims there are no updates/messages

message data (taken from 'view message')

Title: Testbericht

Type: Software Update

Category: Essentiëel

Brief Description: asdasdasd

Download Instructions: aaaa

Download URL: http://www.edb.nl/UpdateKac5_4.exe

Installation Type: Download and run executable

Download Size (KB): 1222

Assigned Products: UrenRegistratie 1.00
UrenRegistratie 1.01

Condition(s): none.

Authentication(s): none.

Message Start Date: 2003-04-14

Message End Date: 2099-12-31

Message Status: Active

When I choose preview messages - urenregistratie, version 1.00 it claims there are no updates available.
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

do me a quick favor. please ping the sites below and post the IPs that you get.

updates.installshield.com
services.installshield.com
0 Kudos
hlogmans
Level 6

updates.installshield.com 12.107.125.115
services.installshield.com 12.107.125.116

Got ping time-outs for both sites (not for www.google.com etc), so that seems to be filtered on your side.
0 Kudos
Christine_at_IS
Level 3

The issue you are seeing should be resolved.

In moving to 2.0, we upgraded some server software which resulted in some undesired behavior when some characters where entered into the message. In your case, I believe it was an 'ë' in the Category field. We have addressed this issue.

Please try it out and let us know how it works for you.

Best regards,
Christine
0 Kudos
hlogmans
Level 6

I first made a message with category 'Updates', and that didn't work either, so it might have been the solution, but i'm not sure of it.

But whatever you did: the messages are working again.

Thanks.

Hugo
0 Kudos