Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Update Service

Hello everyone,

I created an setup.exe to deploy a java based application version 1.0. I registered the product with the Update Service and the setup ran successfully on the client machine. I then created an update.exe to deploy new version 1.1 to the client. went through the process of registering the new version with the Update Service also. When I checked for new update, system found the update file and downloaded successfully with the new version 1.1. When I again clicked on the icon to check for any update, which there is none, I received "Error 13003 - Version Not register with the update service"...

Can someone give me some ideas how to troubleshoot this problem? I thought if the system does not find any update, it will just indicate that update is not found...

Any help would be appreciated!!!

ndpxtn
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

The Update Service needs to find the version to know that there aren't any updates. The message you are getting suggests that the updated version of your product doesn't match the new version that you registered.

Couple things to check:

Using the Test Utility (or Update Manager) that installs with the Update Service SDK, you can see which version of your application is installed on your PC after you run the update. All you have to do is to open the Test Utility on the machine after you run the update. In fact, you can run it before and after to see how the version number changes.

Compare those values to the values that you registered on the Update Service website. The updated version must not match.
0 Kudos