Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Update Service - Authentication Problems

Hi,

I have spent hours trying to get an update to install, all the while getting the following message after selecting the update and entering authentication information:

"The update service failed to install properly. In order for the Update Service Agent to properly install, you must be an administrator on your computer and you must be using your borwsers default security settings. Press OK to try again the Show Updates through Update Service agent. Press cancel to continue without the update service agent. If you choose to proceed without the Agent, you will not be able to see some updates."

I am definately an admin on this machine, and have tried the default browers settings as well as Low Security. The authentication is working as I have tested it for a failure and it behaves as expected.

I have discovered that if I switch the Authentication option off of my update it does work, so this seems to be a rather misleading message.

Has anyone come across this and managed to use the authentication setting?

Thanks.

Gavin
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

In case anyone else suffers from this problem, according to support this is a bug in their software - with no timescale currently in place for a fix - making the "feature" useless.

Their suggestion is to not use authentication at all.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

I'm having the exact same problem.

Has anyone found a solution for this yet?
0 Kudos
kgoguen
Level 2

OK. So after recovering from a disk crash I have reinstalled ISDev 7.02 and have the same problem. I don't suppose this has been resolved. The threads here suggest turning off authentication. How do you turn off authentication?

--kg
0 Kudos
TrentL
Level 3

Another 20 months later...

I'm getting the exact same error, but this time when clicking the "Check for Updates" menu item from within the InstallShield 12 IDE itself!

Still no fix? Macrovision can't even get updates to work correctly for its own software.
0 Kudos