Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Unrecognized Product

Hi,

30% of new users are receiving the error message that states the product is not recognized, and when I run the test utility on those machines, my companies app is not appearing. This leads me to believe that the registration of the agent.exe is not occuring correctly. The weird thing is that this doesnt occur on all machines, just about 30%. Can someone contact me who is willing to look at some code snipets to help me find out why the registration of agent.exe is not working. Im sure its my implemenation, but 30% is way to high of a failure rate, can someone help?

Thanks
-gas
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

If my eyes are good enough to view your screenshot, that is error 13000 - product is not registered with the Agent.

During your installation, your product code is registered on the local PC with the Agent. That registration process populates the data displayed by the Test Utility. In other words, if the registration failed, you shouldn't that data that is being displayed by the Test Utility.

So what is causing the error? In some cases, I think you are passing the Agent a different product code than what is displayed by the Test Utility. That mismatch is what causes the 13000.

Two ideas to try....

1. Try running the Update Service Agent from the command line on a machine that gives the 13000 message.

2. Post your code that calls the Update Service.
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Hello,

Attached is the professional 6.3 source code for my installation. Hopefully someone can help me make some sense of this and help remove the "product not recognized" bug I have.

Here is also the code that use to register.

set oObject = Objects( "InstallShield Update Service" );
oObject.ProductCode = PRODUCT_GUID;
oObject.ProductVersion = "1.2";

Please respond to me here or directly to my email.

Thanks
-gas

kenny@arkadiu.com
0 Kudos