cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KellyF
Level 9

Unique User gauge

As of the 4.5 release, I wanted to let you know of a change that may be confusing at first. In the past, you had to click refresh to get a new count of your total number of users... well, now we've got a regularly scheduled job which will automagically update everyone's usage count. The upshot is: you won't have to remember to go and hit refresh periodically.

When you log in, you'll see the latest user counts on your current license.

Regards,
Kelly
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
katsnelson
Level 5

I think you are talking about a round gage on the "Start Page" of the ISUS website. I always wondered about what this gage really shows. The text under the guage says that it is reporting "Total Users". Your previous posting seems to imply that it is reporting "Unique Users". And, me, I am not even sure that I understand what "Total Users" and "Unique Users" really means.

The way I interpret this guage is that it is supposed to show the agregate number of unique users for all products and versions that ever checked for updates for our products. In other words, if the guage shows 75,000 then I know that our software was installed on 75,000 or more unique workstations and exactly 75,000 users on these workstations checked for updates at least one time (but probably more). Is this the right way to interpret this number?
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Unfortunately, no. That gauge number represents the number of unique users you've had on your current license. When you renew, that value gets set back to zero and is re-accumulated as your users check for updates...

This is a known limitation of not showing your older licenses, and it's something that has been discussed for some future version but I do not have any further info about it.

Regards,
KellyF
0 Kudos