cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tigergrace
Level 6

Uninstall issue in windows 7

Hello,

I got a problem when I unistalled my product in windows 7.

The problem is when I uninstall my proudct, there is dialog pop-up to show: The following applicaitons should be closed before continuing the installation, the application name is Flexnet Connect Software Manager, there are two options one is Automatically colse applicaitons and attempt to restart them after setup is complete; the other is do not close application. when I select first one, there is an error message show failed to close the applicaiton,acturelly it closed indeed.

Could you please let me know is there a way to avoid the pop up windows.

thanks a lot
grace,
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Not applicable

This happens because the Common Software Manager is running in the background. There's no particularly great way to prevent that issue other than manually shutting down that application before running your install.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Thanks for your response.

The problem is that when select colse applicaitons and attempt to restart them after setup is complete this option, it will get a message failed to close the applicaiton. I have no idea for this. What I want is that there is no error message for this. Can you reproduce in your side. becaues my colleague and I can get this.

Product version
IS2011 with Software Manger 12.1

Thanks,
grace,
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yeah, unfortunately that can happen with certain types of COM applications that display visible windows and run in the background like our's does. MSI doesn't have any really good way to initiate a shutdown of the Common Software Manager that conforms to the way that COM application servers with windows work.

However, we're looking at potentially resolving this issue in a future release. There's no work order for this quite yet, but it's something that has come up.
0 Kudos
tigergrace
Level 6

bryanwolf,

Thansk much for your help.

We are looking forward your solution in next version.

grace,
0 Kudos
Not applicable

tigergrace wrote:
bryanwolf,

Thansk much for your help.

We are looking forward your solution in next version.

grace,

I can't promise that it'll be in the next version, only that we're looking in to it.
0 Kudos