cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

The most critical element of ISUS

The user-interface the end-user sees when an update or message appears! I have to say, this dialog confuses me, I can only imagine how the notso-techies handle this dialog.

I was reviewing stats on my messages sent out vs. read, and notices the read count is low. Why? Probably because people don't know how to view/read a message!

There needs to be a new dialog with a clear distinction between software updates and messages, totally separating them in two different listviews. If it's a message, they should see a READ button and appropriate buttons to prevent viewing the message again, or save the message for later viewing. For updates, obviously buttons tailored towards installing, remind me later in X days, etc. We also need unique ID's assigned to each message that is collected by the API so we don't continue to show the same message over and over again, but we can trap for a unique ID to each message and store the last message viewed, etc. Or even call for a particular message, for example new users, first time installation, etc.

Let me know if I can help, user-interface design is one of my pet peeves!
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

These are good and valid points. We are going to put it on our list for our releases this year. We believe strongly in having a great user experience and these points are geard towards that.

Thank you again.
0 Kudos