cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirby2s
Level 2

Registry error for ISUSPM causes System32 to open at startup

I have created an install shield project that relies on Flexera’s FlexConnect Pro hosted solution. I have included in the project the “Flexnet Connect with Software Manager” merge module.

The problem is that after installing my software on a computer, the computer shows the System32 folder on start up.

I have tracked the cause of the problem down to an incorrect registry entry created during installation. Under the registry path
“HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\” There is a key with the name “ISUSPM” and data set to “-scheduler”.

I believe the data for this key should be
“C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISUSPM.exe –scheduler”.

Can you please help me find a way to correct this bug.
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
taze01
Level 3

Im re-packaging software using AdminStudio 9.5 and am having the exact same problem.

System32 folder opening on startup due to the HKCU entry.
0 Kudos
kirby2s
Level 2

I contacted support and they were able to help me solve this problem. I was using the “FLEXnet Connect with Software Manager” merge module version 11.60. After following their suggestion to include the latest FNC 12.01 merge module which can be selected under the redistributables view in IS2010 or IS2011, I know longer had the problem. As a note, if it is not under the redistributable view you need to update the Flexnet SDK.

Hope this helps you.
0 Kudos
taze01
Level 3

Thank you for the reply. Your solution sounds specific to IS and does not seem to apply to AdminStudio but hopefully your answer will help other. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The solution provided by Kirby2s will work for AdminStudio's version of InstallShield.
0 Kudos