cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjjjohnson
Level 3

Cannot Register Product

I have an installer with flexnet connect built in. It registers the product successfully on most machines but there is one where I can't get it to work.

If I try to start the agent with the command line
agent -sn{2E72EC9A-2F33-4AE4-A5D1-EFC5C5D79197}

it brings up an error 13000: Product Not Registered with the Software Manager. I've attached a screen shot.

I've also attempted to manually register the product like this
agent -r{2E72EC9A-2F33-4AE4-A5D1-EFC5C5D79197}

which doesn't work either. There are no ini files created in the database folder for the product.

any suggestions for fixing this?
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

The minimal command-line for registering a product is
agent -r{ProductCode},ProductVersion
so for example, you might try
agent -r{2E72EC9A-2F33-4AE4-A5D1-EFC5C5D79197},1.00

Please let me know if that helps you.
0 Kudos
tjjjohnson
Level 3

Yes thanks that was very helpful.

I'm still not sure why the installer doesn't register the product on that particular machine when it works on others but at least I can get it working now.
0 Kudos
tjjjohnson
Level 3

I'm still having problems on the machine mentioned above which is my development machine.

The problem seems to be to do with registering (or not) of flexnet exes.

Heres an example of how the problem occurs.
1. run regserver on flexnet exes
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\agent" /regserver
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\isdm" /regserver
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\issch" /regserver
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\isuspm" /regserver
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\Connect\11\dwusplay" /regserver
2. install product which has flexnet 11.6 included.
3. product is not registered in the flexnet database folder
4. attempt to register product manually using agent -r{ProductCode},VersionNumber
5. get error "unhandled win32 exception in agent.exe [3568]"
6. run regserver on flexnet exes
7. attempt to register product manually
8. product is registered in the flexnet database

So everytime I run the installer for our product I have to re-register the flexnet exes and the product afterwards.

Any ideas on what is happening here?
0 Kudos