cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tatanka
Level 3

Performing lifecycle testing

I am ready to push an update to the field using FlexNet Connect. Everything is already set up for the last update and I've added the new update to the list and set it's status to "Test."

In the root directory of my test machine, I have the file FCTest.ini that contains the following:

[Main]
{CA5CEBC9-6900-420D-xxxx-AAB821767ABB}=xxxx (x's replacing real numbers).

The GUID matches my product's (from FlexNet) and the PIN is correct.

When I run the updater on the test box, all I see is the old update and not the new "Test" version.

What might I be doing wrong?
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Test mode. On which Operating System are you performing this test and using which version of the FLEXnet Connect Agent?
0 Kudos
tatanka
Level 3

The test system is Windows XP Pro SP2. How do I determine the version of the FlexNET Connect Agent?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

It should be based on the version of the merge module you're including. If you go the Update Notifications view in InstallShield it should show you which version you're including.
0 Kudos
tatanka
Level 3

I'm not seeing an Update Notifications view anywhere.

We're using InstallShield Professional 6.30 if that helps (it's very old).

I'm new to this, so it's probably best to assume that "I know nothing." You won't be far off. 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not familiar with Professional 6.3 and we stopped providing the InstallScript Object support for FNC a few versions ago. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with that object but I think we can still figure this out.

Assuming you're using an older version the technique by which that PIN is enabled may have changed. Unfortunately, without knowing which version you're including it may be hard to figure out where you're at. Could you try looking at the InstallScript Object you're including to see if a version number is present there?
0 Kudos
tatanka
Level 3

Digging in a bit here...

It looks like what you might be talking about is the Agent.exe program ("Macrovision Software Manager Agent"). Is that correct?

If so, this file is showing a version number of 6.0.100.54472 and a 2005 copyright.

Also, what can I do to get connected to the appropriate support channel(s)? I feel like I'm operating somewhat in the dark here and if I had access to the tools, etc., things might go a bit more smoothly. We have 120 days or so left on our FNC license. I'm the lucky guy who takes this on as a result of a layoff. I've got the ID/password for what was an account at support.acresso.com, but that takes me to support.flexerasoftware.com and the ID/PW I have doesn't apppear to work there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

It does sound like Support might be able to help you out. Just so you can get them the most information possible, you're using FLEXnet Connect 6.0.

You can contact support by calling 847-413-2896. If you'd like an alternate 800 number or would like to contact an office not the US, you can find more numbers here:
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/company/contact.htm
0 Kudos