cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

ISUS 5 Findings

1) Documentation does not reflect the new Update Manager (pictures still show older version)

2) Potential bug: My InstallShield 11.5 project has update interval set to 30 days yet the Update Manager has critical and normal checks set for every day at 10 AM.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
SheowC
Level 2

Hi Neal,

I'm one of the new technical writers assigned to the Update Service documentation. Can you tell me which piece of documentation does not reflect the new Update Manager?

Also, I would be interested in any feedback anybody has on the Update Service 5.0 user documentation (online help that is accessible via the Publisher Web site, installation guide available on the Macrovision downloads page http://www.macrovision.com/downloads/search/index.jsp?pm=US).

As I begin working on the Update Service documentation, it is my hope to restructure the current user documentation in a fashion that is actually helpful to you. Therefore, any feedback, frustrations, complaints, and suggestions are welcome.

I also want to encourage you to frequent HelpNet (http://helpnet.macrovision.com) for the latest versions of the FLEXnet Publisher Update Service help library that contains information about the functionality and features of the Update Service Publisher web site.

Regards,
Sheow Curran
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Hello,

I'd have to look, however, one of the major new things in this release is the Update Manager. I wanted to see a picture of it, couldn't find it, wherever I looked and found a picture, it was the old one. The documentation seems to be lacking in covering the new update manager. Additionally, as a developer using this service since v2'ish, the first thing I wanted to find was a "what's new" and what I needed to change, if anything so my apps work seamlessly with the new API/Update Manager. Can't find that either. I assume all will work the same. I hate assuming!

On a side note, in 70'ish days my contact is coming due. I'm not sure what the pricing teers are, but I'm considering now discontinuing this service as it is priced astronimically too high. I hope when the sales agent contacts me for renewal he has good news as I'm ready to ditch this service and simply use my own, so easy to write in .NET, but you have a nice system, just way too expensive for SMB's.
0 Kudos