cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katsnelson
Level 5

Explanation or Total vs. Unique users in reporting

I am really strugling with ISUS reports. Basically, I am having a really hard time understanding the meaning of "Unique Users" and "Total Users". The documentation is of absolutely no help. The description for Total users talks about Unique users etc.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Brad_Peterson
Level 7

It's unfortunate that the documentation is poor. I've had the same problem myself on a number of thing.

So I just ran some reports, it seems this is how it works

Total Usage is the total amount of times the product was used in a given interval.

Unique usage is the number of unique users you have that used that product for a given interval

Total/Unique ratio is the ratio for the above two. It gives you an average for how often the user used the product.
0 Kudos
KellyF
Level 9

Well, no promises, but as I've got to gain a more thorough understanding of it myself, I'll see what I can do about re-writing the documentation for much of reporting.

KellyF

katsnelson wrote:
I am really strugling with ISUS reports. Basically, I am having a really hard time understanding the meaning of "Unique Users" and "Total Users". The documentation is of absolutely no help. The description for Total users talks about Unique users etc.
0 Kudos
katsnelson
Level 5

Brad, thanks for the explanation. It really helps.

Kelly, I am looking forward to seing soem better docs on reporting. It really is a shame that so much effort went in to engineering and creating these great reports but the very simple explanation of what insight these reports can provide got neglegted.
0 Kudos