cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

Download Instructions Disappear or Don't Display

I've published an update and specified some installation/download instructions to be delivered with the update message ("close app before continuing" etc). I'm using the "wizard" UI mode to deliver updates. Two things are happening:

1) When I change the status of my message from "test" to "active", or delete old messages, the download instruction text disappears from my message configuration.

2) When users receive the update notification, the instructions are not showing up. It still doesn't display even when I check the message settings to confirm that the text is still there (ie hasn't been deleted by 1 above).

Is anyone else experiencing either of these issues?

Thanks,
B
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
Jan_Cieslicki
Level 4

I have just experienced the same problem. When I tried to edit existing message installation notes have dissapeared.
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Our QA group is trying to reproduce the bug of the instructions disappearing.

In answer to the wizard panel......currently, the wizard UI doesn't display the download instructions. The wizard UI does support a link to external release notes, but not the download instructions. We tried to put the download instructions on the wizard panel, but there isn't enough space. We also tried using a pop-up on top of the panel, but we didn't like that either. I am open to ideas on this. Do the download instructions justify their own wizard panel?
0 Kudos
Jan_Cieslicki
Level 4

Chris,

I'm afraid I liked the original idea - all information was available on single page - both description of the changes in the new version as well as downloading instructions.

Best regards

Jan
0 Kudos
CChong
Level 11 Flexeran
Level 11 Flexeran

In my case, it's the installation instructions that would be most helpful. I want to warn users to close the application to avoid getting a restart computer message.

In terms of user experience, I have to agree with Jan that providing as much information up front as possible would be ideal. I know that the majority of users will just click the nearest "OK" or "Next" button to avoid any verbose screens, but if there was something vital that we wanted them to see, at least we could say it was right there in front of them. It is understood that implementing this in an attractive/acceptable way is a challenge, but it would be nice.

B
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

We have verified this bug. It will be fixed in our next maintenance release. It is a server side fix. So when we update our server, you will see the changes.
0 Kudos