cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcbird
Level 3

Controlling the message order within categories

Hi
When a new message is created, it is shown at the bottom of the list of messages for the category. Is there a way to override this behaviour? I'd like add new messages to the top of the category -- that messages be sorted newest to oldest. This would be sufficient for the cases I've encountered. Without this, I'm forced to delete the older messages and re-enter them all in the order that I want.

[It would be even better if there was a way to specify the order of messages within a category, just like there's a way to specify the order of categories.]

Thanks,
Ray
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Hi Ray,

Your first suggestion sounds very logical to me - showing new messages first. I can't think of any negatives against doing this. I would be curious to hear any negatives. Anyone?

However, we can't order the messages as easily. The problem is that messages can be delivered to several products. As a result, it would be very complex to assign an order number. One product may have 5 messages shown while another product may have 15 messages. If one message is common to both products, you can see the issue.

The only place we could have the order set is on the product center where you drill down into each message. Thoughts?
0 Kudos