Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneschmitt
Level 3

HTTP Eror #404: Object not found

I have a customer getting this --

HTTP Eror #404: Object not found

Customer checks for updates. Sees the update. Clicks to download or install and it bombs out.

The file is there. I am able to download or install it. Has anyone else seen this error. I am speculating firewall or virus protection. But I would like someone else to confirm that they have seen this error and what causes it.

thanks
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

One suggestion:

Send your customer the URL via email. Have the customer post it in a browser and see what happens.
0 Kudos
shaneschmitt
Level 3

Sorry it took so long getting back with you chris. The customer is able to download through IE just fine. He does have Macafee virus and firewall. He has disabled these but that does not fix the problem. What should we try next?
0 Kudos
Chris_Woerner
Level 10

Starting with version 2.00 of the ISUS runtime......the ISUS runtime contained a new a component called the Download Manager. As you might imagine, the Download Manager is used to download files. To accomplish this, the Download Manager uses IE classes. Typically if IE can download a file, the Download Manager doesn't have a problem. The Download Manager even uses all proxy information stored in IE when it tries to access the Internet.

So where does that leave us? I can tell from this thread:

1. The Update Service is getting to the Internet to check for updates. You see the list of available updates. That also means that the Update Service is correctly using any proxy information stored in IE.

2. The Download Manager is not getting to the Internet. That is why you see the 404.

One possibility is that your customer has granted access to the Internet to the ISUS Agent, but not to the ISUS Download Manager. Can you confirm the version of the ISUS Agent installed on this cutomer's machine? And verfiy that he has given access to both the Update Service Agent and DM? Lastly, a screen shot may give us additional insight.
0 Kudos
shaneschmitt
Level 3

I don't know if he has given permission for any of the above. Would you be able to geive me instructions on how he can check these settings. I am also including a screen shot of the error. I hope this is what you were looking for.
0 Kudos