cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kfrank
Level 2

Cannot delete product version

On the Manage Products tab I select a version I want to delete click the delete button and get this message.

"Versions with existing messages or updates cannot be deleted.
Please remove all messages and updates assigned before attempting to delete this version."

There are no messages or updates connected to the version I am trying to delete.

What have I got to do to delete this version?

The reason I want to delete this version is that I have 15 updates to my product and want to remove some of the older versions so that I can select the newer versions to be updated by my latest update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TGustafson
Level 2

I just started testing the trial version of FLEXnet Connect and was having the same problem when trying to delete versions from the products tab.

If you put a check beside the version you want to delete and then click "Show Related Updates / Messages" it will give you a list of the updates and messages associated with that version. You can delete the messages and updates from this list, but you will still get the error for some reason.

I looked around the rest of the program and there are two tabs "Update" and "Communicate". I set the filters in these tabs to show everything and found that the messages I thought I had deleted in the "Products" tab were still sitting around in these tabs. I deleted all the messages and updates out of these two tabs then went back to the "Products" tab and was able to delete the version without any more errors.

Hope that helps!

Tyler
0 Kudos