cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is possible to change target computer when reinstalling applications from their original requests?

use case scenario:

• One user installed the application "A" on the computer "X" through the Request R n° 1
  • Later same user has changed his computer from "X" to "Y"
  • Now the user wants to install the application “A” on computer “Y” but, without having to place a new request, but using the original R n° 1.

Is this possible?  Is there is any configuration to change the target computer (install/reinstall) on a previous successfully processed request?

(3) Replies
I'm not aware of a way to change the target for an existing request. However, clone/migrate could serve this purpose if the user's device has been replaced permanently.
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".
CharlesW
By Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

No,   this would not be possible. Once a request is submitted, the target device/user is set an can not be changed by a reinstall. Not sure if this is a frequent scenario for your users, but you may want to look at using a user based deployment, as this would allow the software to be installed automatically by Config Mgr on the new device, if the user uses a different machine. 

Please don't use user-based targeting if you care about license governance. As soon as you do a user-based deployment, you lose all control over proactive license governance because SCCM will not perform a license check before deploying the software. The exception to this rule would be if the software has a user-based license with no restrictions and the software has been packaged for per-user installs (i.e. only for the currently logged in user).

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera. If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".