cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform Regsettings not taking

Hello I created a transform and imported some reg settings

these reg settings alter ones that would normally be installed by the msi with out a transform i.e. the normal msi puts these reg settings in I just want to change their values once the installation is complete so I created a transform to do this. However the reg settings are not changed there are still as they would be with no transform

I know the transform is being applied because I created my own reg keye and value manually and this applies OK, so I know the transform is being picked up

when I imported the reg file intot he transform it said over write current reg settings and I said yes.

Does any one know what is going on here? could be be pomissions? I cannot open the MST in orca, I was wondering is there is a colume in the regsitry table in the MST that will force overwrite. I presume the mst re settings are applied after the MSI ones unless some how the MSI ones are set to not allow updates. Any ideas please ?

Thanks very much
(2) Replies
Why can't you open the MST in Orca? Have you tried opening the MSI in Orca and then going to Transform->Apply Transform?

What happens when you try to open the MST in InstallShield and go to the Direct Editor? can you see the changed registry entries?

looeee
I found the problem

I was trying to create my own key at the same level as the normal keys i.e. HKLM etc and HKLM\Software I see you can only create keys belows these levels i.e. below HKLM\Software etc not sure why but it works as long as I stick to this

Thanks very much for your input
Top Kudoed Authors