cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I solve ICE43 and ICE57

I dont't know how to solve theses errors above. Wich data are per-user data ?
I'd like to have the shortcut created for all users and not per user.

ICE43 Error Component natural.exe_COM has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.

ICE43 Error Component natcomb.exe has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.

ICE43 Error Component natparm.exe has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.

ICE43 Error Component natbpmong.exe has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.

ICE43 Error Component reporter.exe_COM has non-advertised shortcuts. It should use a registry key under HKCU as its KeyPath, not a file.

ICE57 Error Component 'natbpmong.exe' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.

ICE57 Error Component 'natcomb.exe' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath. Component Component natcomb.exe
ICE57 Error Component 'natparm.exe' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.

ICE57 Error Component 'reporter.exe_COM' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.

ICE57 Error Component 'natural.exe_COM' has both per-user and per-machine data with a per-machine KeyPath.
(5) Replies
In my experience there is no point in fixing these errors, it's a waste of time, just ignore them 😄
You're more likely to end up with a broken app if you fix them than if you don't. :cool:
Is there any reason why the shortcuts are not advertised? If not, make the shortcuts advertised.
That's my problem: I don't know what will be the consequence of changing these shortcut to advertised shortcuts.
Advertised shortcuts support installation-on-demand and advertisement. They also verify and repair, if component is found broken, the application when launched. For additional information, please look up advertised shortcut and similar phrases at MSDN.

Does making shortcuts advertised not resolve the ICE Errors encountered?
If you are making machine installs and do not want or can't make advertised shortcuts, move the shortcuts to [ALLUSERSPROFILE]Start Menu\Programs\...
That will fix the problem. 🙂
Top Kudoed Authors