cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talaviss
Level 2

windows 7 and integrity level

at the end of the install i am running the exe of our product

the problem is that it is not running with the integrity level token set to medium

so not all the features works well.

how can i set the application to run in medium integrity level from setup

In code i'm using
LaunchApp (TARGETDIR ^ "xxx.exe", "")
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm a little unclear what you're asking. By mentioning integrity levels, it sounds like you might want to do something similar to described on Designing Applications to Run at a Low Integrity Level. But reading between the lines, I think what you're really asking is how to launch your application as the original non-elevated user.

There's no great way to do this in an InstallScript project (which I'm assuming you're using, due to the reference to TARGETDIR). A Basic MSI project leverages Windows Installer's multiple process architecture, and runs the UI non-elevated so long as the bootstrap doesn't elevate it; in this scenario the UI can then launch the program at the end as the original user because the context hasn't been lost. The only approach I could imagine for InstallScript would be to try to match this architecture, creating an external limited-user UI project which then installs or removes an internal elevated project silently. This is not likely to be trivial.
0 Kudos