Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YoavGelb
Level 2

ISDEV : error 132: ... "The specified network name is no longer available."

Hi,

Recently I'm encountering the error below when trying to build IS project:

ISDEV : error 132: Internal error in file C:\CodeBases\isdev\src\BackEnd\Build\MediaBuild\DataSourceFile.h, line: 65 "The specified network name is no longer available."

The project points to files on network drive and then builds installation media locally.

I've tried using IS7 professional on another machine and it also gives the same error.

Forgot to mention: it happens during different places during the install so it looks like network related but I don't understand the source of this message - the network drive is available when the builds abort.

Any clue?

Yoav
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You could try monitoring this with Process Monitor to see what sort of file access fails. We wouldn't be doing anything to intentionally gum up the works, so I would expect one of two things.

• If it's fails consistently, and probably early, perhaps you're working on a system with UAC, and with a network drive that the limited user context can access, but the elevated administrator context cannot. Make sure you can see the drive in an elevated command prompt.
  • If it fails at arbitrary different times each build, perhaps your network isn't as robust as you'd like it to be. I'm not sure how to address this kind of problem.
0 Kudos