cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboFisch
Level 7

when will the automation interface be available for suite projects?

when will the automation interface be available for .issuite projects?

the only thing that seems to work is open and close a project.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
TurboFisch
Level 7

Basically, my package that the suite is installing has a different name, e.g. MyInstall_1.0, then later it is MyInstall_2.0. I rather not be in the business of constantly changing every reference of MyInstall_XXXX in my suite. I see that there is a dynamic selection, but I don't understand how to update the operations, which appear to require a specific name.

Hence, the need to update the .issuite project file. perhaps there is a better way.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Unfortunately, the InstallShield automation interface currently does not support the Suite project type. The work order IOA-000077264 has already been submitted to take into consideration for a future release.

Meanwhile, .issuite project files are saved in the XML format. You might want to consider writing your automation code for Suite projects using XML APIs such as MSXML.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
TurboFisch
Level 7

thanks. Is it possible to be notified when this work order is done?
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

This sort of improvement would be announced in the release notes, along with the issue number. So, you could search upcoming release notes for that issue number.

If you have a support plan, you could ask a support rep to associate that issue number with one of your support cases. I believe that if you do that, you'll be able to see the status of the issue when you are logged in to the customer portal.
0 Kudos