cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thompson_michae
Level 2

warning -6245

In building a new solution using InstallShield LE I get the following Warning:

ISEXP : warning -6245: One or more of the project's components contain .NET properties that require the .NET Framework. It is recommended that the release include the .NET Framework.

I had selected ".NET Compact Framework 4 Full" before I did the build. I went back and created a build for each of the .NET types. All builds came back with the same Warning. I checked to see what .NETs were installed on my system and found the following:

.NET Compact Framework 1.0 sp3 Developer
.NET Compact Framework 2.0
.NET Compact Framework 1.1
.NET Compact Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
.NET Compact Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
.NET Compact Framework 3.5 SP1
.NET Compact Framework 4 Client Profile
.NET Compact Framework 4 Extended
.NET Compact Framework 4 Multi-Targeting Pack

I believe I have read all of the post containing info about this Warning and have not been able to solve the problem. Can some please help. Thank you.

MikeT.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

This warning message is known to occur when the project contains .NET properties, but the .NET Framework has not been included. If you are installing an application that contains .NET assemblies, the .NET Framework should be bundled with your setup unless the setup is only targeting machines that are known to have the .NET Framework already installed.

During the build process a .NET dependencies scan is performed. Since the required .NET file is not found along with the setup the warning message is displayed.

You may get rid of the warning message by setting the Default .NET Scan at Build File Setting to “None”.

This option is found under InstallShield LE -> Options ->.NET.

Kindly set this option before adding any files to the Installshield Limited Edition Project.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos