cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorenabaker
Level 2

6245 warning - Redistributables

I’m using InstallShiedl Limited addition for visual studio 2010 and I’m receiving a 6245 warning when I build my InstallShield project. Looking at this website I found a posting indicating that I needed to go to the Redistributables view and place a checkmark in the appropriate box, which in my case is .NET 4. However, when I do this I get a msgbox stating that the Redistributable selected is either not installed or that there is a newer version available and asks if I would like to download the redistributable. Upon clicking Yes, I see “Downloading 6 files” in my visual studio output window, then I get a msgbox stating that the download failed and asks if I’m running as an Administrator (which I am).

I’ve also found on this website a posting indicating that … As a workaround, you might want to try downloading the appropriate installation from the following page, and running it on your machine. That should also install the redistributable files on your machine. http://www.flexerasoftware.com/produ...-utilities.htm . At this location I downloaded and installed the InstallShield 2011 Prerequisites for the .NET Framework. But this also did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions as to how to resolve this 6245 problem?
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Lenwin
Level 10

Hi,

This warning message is known to occur when the project contains .NET properties, but the .NET Framework has not been included. If you are installing an application that contains .NET assemblies, the .NET Framework should be bundled with your setup unless the setup is only targeting machines that are known to have the .NET Framework already installed.

During the build process a .NET dependencies scan is performed. Since the required .NET file is not found along with the setup the warning message is displayed.

You may get rid of the warning message by setting the Default .NET Scan at Build File Setting to “None”.

This option is found under InstallShield LE -> Options ->.NET.

Kindly set this option before adding any files to the Installshield Limited Edition Project.

Thanks,
Lenwin
0 Kudos