cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anilkumar_mca
Level 8

unable to enter into maintenance mode(pls help me, its a work stoper)

HI,

I am upgrading a IS12 msi project to IS2009. My installer is unable to enter into maintenance mode, i am able to install same application many times. Is it a bug in installshield?
Note: I upgraded a perfectly working project without changing any script or options............

I found a difference by comparing 32Bit & 64Bit installers. The following sample log is taken at the second time of installation....... 32Bit is working fine but 64Bit is not...... pls somebody help me out.:(

64Bit Installer:

InstallShield 13:49:50: Ready to launch program block.
MSI (s) (78:E0) [14:45:57:609]: Command Line: ALLUSERS=1 ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ ARPCONTACT=somecontact ARPPRODUCTICON=ARPPRODUCTICON.exe INSTALLLEVEL=1 ISALWAYSINSTALLELEVATED= ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING=The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance. ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 ISSETUP_UISEQUENCE_PROCESSED=1 ISVROOT_PORT_NO=0 IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_COST=Costing COM+ application: [1] IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_INSTALL=Installing COM+ application: [1] IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_UNINSTALL=Uninstalling COM+ application: [1]

32Bit Installer:

InstallShield 15:14:08: Ready to launch __OnMsiMaintenance.

Command Line: REMOVE=All ALLUSERS=1 ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ ARPCONTACT=somecontact ARPPRODUCTICON=ARPPRODUCTICON.exe INSTALLLEVEL=1 ISALWAYSINSTALLELEVATED= ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING=The InstallScript engine is missing from this machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance. ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 ISSETUP_UISEQUENCE_PROCESSED=1 ISVROOT_PORT_NO=0 IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_COST=Costing COM+ application: [1] IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_INSTALL=Installing COM+ application: [1] IS_COMPLUS_PROGRESSTEXT_UNINSTALL=Uninstalling COM+
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Sairen
Level 7

Can you give a detailed run down of what happens in what scenarios?
For example, if you're upgrading two builds, new package codes, but same everything else (minor upgrade) what happens?

If you launch the same package twice in a row, what happens?

If you initiate a repair from Add/Remove programs, what happens?

Can you uninstall?

The only thing I've heard of that sounded even similar was something like this...
Install Build A
Install Build B
Repair from A/RP
The installation is now back to A, not B, so if you ran B again, it would act like an upgrade, not maintenance.

That was caused by some odd misdirection of where MSI got the source package - look in your log for something like "package we're running from" and make sure that's right - or at least it's a place to start.

Hope something here can help with a diagnosis.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Please ensure you have installed InstallShield 2009 SP2 before building your project. There was an issue related to ARP entries for 64-bit InstallScript MSI packages that was resolved in the service pack. The issue could potentially cause the setup to not know where the InstallScript log file is located, which is used to determine if an InstallScript MSI should launch maintenance mode or first time install.
0 Kudos