cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbrown
Level 6

stand alone build cannot find custom merge module

I am using IS2008 to create a basic msi. My problem is that I am using VS team fouundation to build a Vs solution that includes my IS project and it cannot find my merge modules that are create and stored in c:\MergeModules. For various reasons I do not want to store my custom MM in another location. Is there a way to add the path c:\MergeModules to the stand alone build path, similar to the way I do in the IS development environment?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

You'll want to pass the merge module path through the -o command-line parameter. Here's a link to a help topic that describes that parameter, plus others:
Standalone Command-Line Build
0 Kudos
sbrown
Level 6

Thanks for the info and I may have to change to use a cmd line. However I am using Microsoft Team Foundation to build my solution. My IS projects are part of the solution so I do not use the cmd line to be able to add -o "path". On my desktop I open a visual studio solution and click rebuild all. My C# projects are built and then my IS 2008 projects are built. I want to duplicte this on my build machine using Stand alone build.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Oh, sorry! I misunderstood your requirements.

In InstallShield.targets, there's a line in the InstallShield task that looks like this:

MergeModulePath="@(InstallShieldMergeModulePath)"

Therefore, creating an ItemGroup with the name InstallShieldMergeModulePath should result in a similar behavior to the -o option. Generally you'd add this ItemGroup to the .isproj file.
0 Kudos
sbrown
Level 6

FANTASTIC! That is what I am looking for. Is there any documentation or Tips and Tricks that you know of for the isproj file?

0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The following help topic has some info:
http://helpnet.acresso.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?tpc=/robo/projects/installshield15helplib/MSBuild.htm

Searching the InstallShield forums for ISPROJ may reveal some more tips.
0 Kudos