cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roshnithomas
Level 3

sqlsever validation

For validating my servername using installscriptmsi project, I used SQLRTServerValidate method. Before that I called SQLRTInitialize2()method. Then I got an error that "There was an error loading sqlrt.dll. The file needs to be loaded for Installshield SQL operation.Verify that the file is in the SUPPOERTDIR directory." But I read that SQLRTInitialize2 loads the SQLRT.dll file for InstallScript projects and the ISSQLSRV.dll file for InstallScript MSI projects. Why this error comes for my installscript msi project?I already gave sqlrt.obl and SQLCONV.obl libs.Can anyone help me for that?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Is the problem reproducible if you create a new InstallScript MSI project from scratch and only add a connection in the SQL Scripts view?
0 Kudos
roshnithomas
Level 3

Thanks.....It worked fine with another application.
0 Kudos
nguyenhaihoan
Level 2

Hi Hidenori,

I created an installscript project in Installshiled 2009 Preimier Edition. I added \Script\SQLRuntime\Lib\SQLRT.obl into Build->Settings->Libraries and call SQLRTInitialize2(). I received the error message: "There was an error loading SQLRT.dll. This file needs to be loaded for InstallShiled SQL operation. Verify that the file is in the SUPPORTDIR directory. Setup will now terminate."

How can I fix this error.

PLease give me an answer as i am a beginer in InstallShiled.

Thanks in advanced

hidenori wrote:
Is the problem reproducible if you create a new InstallScript MSI project from scratch and only add a connection in the SQL Scripts view?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

SQLRT* functions are designed to work in conjunction with the SQL Scripts view. You must have at least one connection in the view to use those functions.
0 Kudos