cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avladescu
Level 3

single exe icon

Hello,

this is not a new issue, but it seems not solved yet in the latest Install Shield. It is about the icon for a single executable file which is not displayed when the file is larger than around 600 MB. I need to build a lot of such files, and I would like my company's icon to be there.
It there a work-around?
Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Ajay_Ladsaria
Level 7

Hi,

Could you provide more information about where the icon is not seen? Is it in the InstallShield Shortcuts view when you are trying to select an icon in an EXE for the icon of a shortcut?

Or is it after your product is installed, and you are looking at your application files in Windows Explorer and your EXE icon does not appear? Or when you are looking at your installed shortcuts?

Have you checked on Vista or Windows 7 - I only ask because the newer Microsoft OSes seem to handle icons better than XP.

-Ajay
0 Kudos
avladescu
Level 3

Hello and thank you for your reply,

After I built my executable file, the icon of the file is not my custom icon, as I choose at build time, but the Windows default icon. I've used Windows Explorer.
This is happening when I build .exe files larger that 650 MB.

On Windows 7 I was able to see my custom icon. Should the OS be the problem?

Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Ajay_Ladsaria
Level 7

I have seen this problem before where the icon of a large executable file like yours does not show up on XP but does show up in Vista and newer. I think this is an operating system issue and unfortunately am not aware of anything that can be done about it.
0 Kudos