cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy40
Level 4

setup.cpp (135) error

Hello, we have an install built in InstallShield 2008 Premier Edition (using InstallScript) and have it posted on our website for download. On a couple of XP Pro SP3 systems (only 2 systems that are having this problem [so far]), they get the following error when trying to run the install after a download attempt (and download only gets about 45 - 50% done, so that probably explains why install does not run):

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 6.0.2900.5512

I have tried: cleaning out temp folders (including the Temporary Internet Files folder), deleting the Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\ folder, deleting the Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\7\Intel 32 folder, and running scandisk and defrag on at least one of the systems, but no luck.

I guess I can't say this is a bad install file because it isn't happening on every system. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Randy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Randy40
Level 4

Hello, I believe we have found the cause, and I have included it here in case anyone out there runs into a similar problem with their download which was built and compiled using InstallShield. Users connected through their local Internet Service Provider and into our trusted network using Cisco VPN connectivity are the only ones experiencing this problem, so in our case it appears to be related to VPN routing. Hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation. Cheers.

Randy
0 Kudos