cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheese-2402
Level 4

restart installation after reboot

Hello,

i have some questions about chained-msi-installations, windows installer 4.5 and reboot.

I need a demo-cd from my companys product. This product-installation is produced with WixEdit and includes some python-scripts, installs some services and needs a reboot after installation.

For the demo-cd my boss decied to make a all-in-one package with InstallShield. I've no time to make the product installation with InstallShield (I do this in november) so i make a basic-msi-project with one .txt-file and chained the python.msi and my product, LinuDent.msi.

1st problem is:
when LinuDent.msi makes a SheduleRoboot the installation throws an internal error 2623. When i make the reboot in the demo-package, the package installation is finished and no chained package is installed. How can i make a reboot after all packages are installed or delay the SheduleReboot from the LinuDent.msi to the end of demo-package-installation?

2nd problem:
I include the Windows-Installer 4.5 for XP SP2 and for Vista/Server 2008. If i run the installation on XP, the Installer installs and after this the two chained packages installs correctly. On Vista the installer installs and needs a reboot. After reboot the installation don't starts again and i need to start it manualy. How can i start this automaticaly?

Thanks
Cheese-2402
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
cheese-2402
Level 4

No one knows?

Now my only problem is, the installation don't restart after installation of windows installer 4.5, that needs a reboot.

Perhaps anyone have a answer for these question.

Thanks, Cheese-2402
0 Kudos