cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ulidder
Level 3

remove a language.

Hello,

This is already posted in installshield 10.5 forum but there is no answer. Since I am using installshield 2008, i thought I will post the question here.

"The installer has been localized to a bunch of different languages, Russian being one of them. It has been decided that Russian support is no longer desired, so I went into properties and unchecked russian from the UI languages.

When I build the installer, I now get undefined strings for the dialogs in Russian.
What else do I need to do to remove the Russian support?
"

I am also stuck in a similar situation. I have removed a couple of languages from the project but get lots of
"undefined strings" errors when I build the setup file.

Thank you in advance.

Upkar Lidder.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a sanity check: Have you removed the language support from both the project settings and the release settings (Release Wizard)?
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

hello Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the Release and it just contains the languages that I need. The additional languages for which I get the string error (Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Greek etc) are not in the list for me to uncheck.

I am attaching screenshots of what I have checked so far.
1. Project properties language settings.
2. Project Settings.
3. Releases as you suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

Upkar Lidder.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As a test, can you create a new release in the Releases view with just the desired languages?
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

Hello Robert,

Thanks for your suggestion. I found the problem. The release screen did not show the additional languages that I wanted to uncheck but in the table for the release, these languages were listed. I can see "Finnish" in the last picture I attached in the last post :).
I think the problem was that I removed the langauges from the "Project Setting" which automatically removed them from "Release" but left them in the table. To solve, I readded those languages in the project settings. now they showed up in the release screen. I deleted from the release screen and then removed from the Project setting. I don't get the warnings any more.

Thanks for all your help.
Upkar.
0 Kudos
hisubbu
Level 2

Dear Upkar,

Please help me i also have a problem related to Multiple Language Selection.
I am using Installshield 10. I am using only English language

My requirement is i want to have more than one language selection. Please provide script or the steps to get the solution. I will be waiting for ur reply .Its very urgent for i have already posted it in Forums.
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

Hello,

I am not sure how things work with installshield10. I just started using the 2008 premium edition. Are you sure that they offer multiple languages in the Installshield version/edition that you are using?
If yes, then you should be able to add multiple languages from the "Project Settings Dialog". This can be found under "Projects" in the toolbar.
Once you have added these langugages, they should appear in the String tables with the default installshield strings for these languages.
You can create a new multi language release at this point.
I also found the installshield help (online documentation) to be very useful - http://support.installshield.com/
You can select the version of the product that you have and then enter your query. I tried "multiple language" and got some good hints.

http://helpnet.macrovision.com/Robo/BIN/Robo.dll?mgr=agm&tpc=%2Frobo%2Fprojects%2Fisxuniversalhelplibrary%2Ftopics%2Flanguage_support.htm&wnd=InstallShieldLivingHelp%7CMain&agt=wsm&ctxid=search%2Fgsearch.asp

Hope this helps.
Upkar.
0 Kudos
ulidder
Level 3

I also found the following for installshield X

1. The locale for the entire product is set in the Locale Advanced property of the Product. If the product will be available to be installed in more than one language, then leave this property blank.

2. To add a language:
- Click Add in the Properties window, and the Locales dialog box opens.
- Select the language(s) you want to add, then click OK. Multiple languages can be selected by holding down your Ctrl key (or equivalent). The selected language(s) is added to the list.

Regards,
Upkar.
0 Kudos