cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jepwga
Level 3

registry search

I have been trying to do a search of the registry for a previously installed version of a program. This program is stalled in a setup done under version 7 of IS and uses install script. My problem is that the system search wizard sets up search and adds it to my conditional install but when I run the install in debug mode there is no change to the property that is supposed to get the value.

The property is all caps and I know that the GUID key exists in the chosen registry root and that the value that I chose for the data is also at that GUID key, but nothing is returned to the property. I chose a value that is numeric and also one that is a string but nothing happens. I wish you would give more detailed examples of how to use your software. For example I do not know if the GUID key should be in scroll brackets or not.

It seems that finding a key or previously installed program should be a lot easier than this if not automatic.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TsungH
Level 12

There is no actionable info on your problem. In any case, you should generate and analyze the verbose installation log for clues.
0 Kudos