cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrien
Level 4

"Show the Windows Installer log" doesn't work after administrative installation

Hi all,

When I do administrative installation, "Show the Windows Installer log" checkbox on the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog does nothing, even if the log file is correctly created in %temp% folder.

When I do standard installation (no /a parameter), "Show the Windows Installer log" correctly open the installation log if checked.

Is this a known problem ? Is there a way to fix it ?

I have done the test on a Windows 7 32 bits computer. Both logs (from administrative installation or standard installation) end with "ISSHOWMSILOG = 1" with a correct MsiLogFileLocation. Events of the "OK" button in SetupCompleteSuccess dialog are :

EndDialog | Exit | 1
DoAction | ShowMsiLog | MsiLogFileLocation And (ISSHOWMSILOG="1") And NOT ISENABLEDWUSFINISHDIALOG
DoAction | IS_LAUNCH_MY_PROGRAM_PLEASE | LAUNCHPROGRAM

Thanks !
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

You may want to try the solution for the work order #IOA-000052661 described in InstallShield 2011 Release Notes.
0 Kudos
Adrien
Level 4

Thanks !

To keep the actual ShowMsiLog custom action in none admin installation, I have cloned it and edited this new "ShowMsiLogAdmin" as described in the release notes.

Then in SetupCompleteError, SetupCompleteSuccess and SetupInterrupted dialogs, I have changed the ShowMsiLog event of "OK" or "Finish" buttons to launch it only in none admin installation, and I have added the ShowMsiLogAdmin event :

DoAction | ShowMsiLog | And ACTION<>"ADMIN"
DoAction | ShowMsiLogAdmin | And ACTION="ADMIN"

Now it works perfectly ! 🙂
0 Kudos