cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewgoforth
Level 4

"Installshield" being displayed near the bottom of all new dialogs

Hello,

Sorry for posting this in multiple forums, but I'm actually working with Installshield 2012 Spring.

Every time I create a new dialog I see a mysterious text control that gets added near the bottom: ControlId_1300. I delete this control, but still I see the text "InstallShield" get displayed about where that control was. How do I get rid of this?

-Eric
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Have you checked Q105444?
0 Kudos
ewgoforth
Level 4

hidenori wrote:
Have you checked Q105444?

Hidenori,

OK, I guess can't get rid of it.

Is there anyway I can control it's position, or appearance?

-Eric
0 Kudos
DC_Loud
Level 2

I'd like to know how the location is controlled as well. On my custom dialogs the installshield logo appears about 10 pixels above where it appears on the builtin dialogs

The branding isn't a big deal, not applying it consistently is the problem.
0 Kudos
DemonPiggies
Level 7

Is there anyway I can control it's position, or appearance?

In 2010 in some dialogs it's a text field that can be deleted but then there is blank line the width of the string where you can't place anything in which is attached to the bottom of the dialog.

The way I got past it on the SdFinish and sdWelcomeMaint was to delete the text, and add my text field where their's appeared. If you move the bottom edge of the dialog up and down you will see you text field get covered up by an invisible line. Bring your text to the front and save immediately. You may have to move another field in order to save but if you do it right you can cover their inserted text...

Works for me in those specific dialogs. Other may be different or 'fixed'. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
cne99999
Level 2

'
' RemoveBranding.vbs
' ------------------
' Windows Installer Script that removes the InstallShield branding
' (the 'InstallShield' label) from all dialogs in a MSI file and
' streches the line above the buttons to the left edge.

Dim xInst
Dim xDB
Dim xView

Set xInst = CreateObject("WindowsInstaller.Installer")
Set xDB = xInst.OpenDatabase(WScript.Arguments(0), 1)

Set xView = xDB.OpenView("DELETE FROM `Control` WHERE `Control`='Branding1' OR `Control`='Branding2'")
Call xView.Execute
Set xView = Nothing

Set xView = xDB.OpenView("UPDATE `Control` SET `X`=4, `Width`=366 WHERE `Control` ='DlgLine'")
Call xView.Execute
Set xView = Nothing

Call xDB.Commit

Set xDB = Nothing
Set xInst = Nothing

Call MsgBox("InstallShield branding has been successfully removed from " & WScript.Arguments(0))
0 Kudos